Full course description
For hundreds of years, literature has been one of the most important human art forms. Creative Writing allows us to give voice to our emotions, create imaginary worlds, express ideas, and escape the confines of material reality. Through creative writing, we can come to better understand ourselves and our world. This course will provide you with a solid foundation in the writing process. Go beyond the basics to learn more complicated literary techniques such as hybrid forms of poetry and prose. By the end of this course, you can better discover your creative thoughts and turn those ideas into fully realized pieces of creative writing.
PLEASE NOTE: The length of this course is one semester.
- Unit 1: Starting the Path to Creative Writing
- Unit 2: Finding Your Creative Light
- Unit 3: Fiction First
- Unit 4: A Fictional Place
- Unit 5: Speech in Writing
- Unit 6: When Truth Meets Imagination
- Unit 7: Finding Your Inner Poet
- Unit 8: Revision and Purpose