Full course description
Does the thought of speaking in front of people makes you break out in hives? Maybe you want tips on how to make that first great impression? In both cases, Speech may be just what you need. In this class you will learn from famous orators, like Aristotle and Cicero, how to communicate effectively, uphold your arguments, and effectively collaborate with others. You’ll master the basics of public speaking through practice—such as building a strong argument and analyzing the speeches of others. By the end of this course you will learn to speak confidently in front of large groups. Grab your notes and get ready to conquer public speaking.
PLEASE NOTE: This course is segment one of a two segment course. If you are taking this for your online course requirement, you must complete BOTH segments to meet the requirement. Please sign up for segment two AFTER you complete segment one.
Segment 1 Units (This Course)
- Unit 1: Introduction to Rhetoric
- Unit 2: The Influence of Rhetoric
- Unit 3: Listening & Analyzing
- Unit 4: Speaking Strategies
- Unit 5 - Building an Argument
Segment 2 Units (Sign Up for This Segment After Completing Segment 1)
- Unit 6 - Deductive Reasoning
- Unit 7 - Speech Writing
- Unit 8 - Self-Efficacy and Self-Esteem
- Unit 9 - Body Language & Vocal Techniques
- Unit 10 - Speech Evaluation